Renting a Property
Renting a property in the City can be a stressful task, and we here at Central Property Management hope that we can assist in finding your next rental property as smooth a process as possible. We have a variety of properties constantly coming available across Liverpool and so are sure we can find something that meets your needs and budget.
If you require advice on the best area for you in the City then our team is on hand to give you all the assistance you need. Our lettings team will take details of your requirements and send you matching properties by email and even SMS, giving you the edge to catch the ideal property for you in the fast moving rental market.
Why not take a look at our current rental properties, or even register your details with us so that we can contact you as soon as new properties become available.
Let's get Letting!
You've picked the City, and what a City to have chosen! Now it's time to start the letting process...
Here is a quick guide in securing that perfect home:-
1) It's time to view! CPM always recommend viewing a few different properties to find out what you truly require, within budget but that you love. Our team prides itself on a on-hand approach to guide you through the process. We start by registering you as an applicant and discuss in detail what it is you are looking for - the location, the price, the essentials and the dream. We will match you to suitable properties as soon as they come on the market. If you are happy with a property that you have seen, take that next step and put in an offer! With such a competitive market, the advice we would give is to put in an offer sooner rather than later to avoid any disappointment.
2) Offer made, offer accepted! We put forward all offers to a landlord to be accepted, this includes the rental amount, preferred move-in date and tenancy term. Once a decision has been made and an offer accepted, we make sure that you have the Right to Rent, meaning you are legally allowed to rent in the UK. Once the right to rent has been verified, we require a holding fee (equivalent to one week's rent) to proceed with the application. CPM will not promote the property when a holding fee has been paid and the referencing process is being carried out.
3) Holding Fee received - Great! CPM uses an independent company to carry out their referencing process. Here, credit checks are carried out to to assess your affordability to rent as well as obtaining previous letting references. CPM will guide you on this and will advise as and when a guarantor is required.
4) I've passed! Once a reference has come back as acceptable, you will then be required to pay one month's rent in advance minus the holding deposit already held on account along with a Deposit. The deposit is equivalent to 5 weeks rent.
5) Let's make it official! CPM will issue the Tenancy Agreement and all supporting documents which needs to be signed by all Tenants and Guarantors (if applicable) and must be done on or before the start date of the Tenancy. Such documents will be sent out electronically for e-signing.
6) Happy Move In Day! On the day of your move in, you will sent an electronic copy of an Inventory report which itemises the general condition of the property prior to your occupation. You must ensure that the document is reviewed within 7 days of receipt to ensure that the report is a true reflection of the condition at move in. If not, you must notify CPM in writing before the 7 days elapses.
7) Time to make it a home! CPM will always be at the other end of the phone (or email) for any queries or issues you may have during your tenancy. With an open door policy, we also welcome you to our office to assist in any way we can to ensure you are a happy tenant. For any repair or maintenance issues, and for simplicity, we have a website link where issues can be reported and photos uploaded. It's a really quick and handy tool. All that remains is to enjoy your new home!
For a schedule of fees pertaining to holding deposit, security deposit etc, please click here.